- How can I make my D2L courses accessible to all students? Come find out some simple ways you can increase accessibility to your D2L courses. Presenter: Dr. Susan Sutton
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p8vf9du9044/
- Learn the best ways to create and edit quizzes in D2L. Also get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. Presenter: Darren York
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p61c28ncxx9/
- Gradebooks. Learn how to set up two common styles of gradebooks in D2L, and easy ways to use grades in a traditional or web course. Presenter: Darren York
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p7rd8bxfco4/
- Get videos into your online course. Learn how to connect to the library’s streaming video resources and link to your momentum course for easy student access. Hosted by Molly Stover.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestatecc.adobeconnect.com/p155pc7ypfc/
- Parade of Courses. Tips, tricks, smart moves, and great ideas from real Roane State Professors teaching online or using Momentum/D2L to supplement their courses, including technical requirements, navigation tips, and sound teaching philosophy. Hosted by Darren York.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestatecc.adobeconnect.com/p3wrj0uknj5/
Online Library Tips:
- Research Guides. Library Guides: Customize the Library to Meet Your Needs. Your librarians have been busy building webpages to showcase the best books, journals, videos, and databases for each discipline. Explore these powerful webpages and learn how librarians will partner with you to customize a guide for your specific class needs or assignment. Hosted by Robert Benson and Ollie Nolan.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p85jkdkunad/
- Online Librarian. The Lurker, The Dipper, The Works: Partnering with an Online Librarian for Student Success! Parterning with your own personal online librarian can help your students find better resources and understand how to think critically about their own information skills and habits. Learn more about Roane State Library’s Online Librarian Program and start planning your own personal pilot. Hosted by Molly Stover and Ollie Nolan.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p78kt5k7gmh/
- eBooks- Get library eBooks on your mobile device. Roane State Library has more than 250,000 eBooks. Many of these eBooks can be read online or downloaded to your mobile device. Setting up the first download is a pain. It gets easier after that. Expert advice on how to use Roane State’s incredible eBook collection wherever and however you want. Hosted by Robert Benson.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p3t80x5zymu/
- What’s So Scary about Research? Although we expect our students to have some grasp of research conventions and synthesis, and many courses require a research project as evidence of mastery of prescribed competencies, we often dread these assignments, sometimes even putting them off until the very end of the semester when it is too late to ensure quality through drafting and revision and too late to address plagiarism productively. This webinar will offer some tips to overcoming this dread by integrating research into your course early on and building research projects in stages. Hosted by Mike Hill.
- Ronda Blevins explains how to utilize Socrative in your classes. Socrative – a student response system that allows students the ability to respond to faculty using their computers, laptops, tablets, or Smartphones. Carrying out formative assessment can provide valuable insight into what concepts need to be reviewed or even re-taught. It allows you to administer exit tickets and quizzes to your students regardless of what devices they are on as long as their device has web browser capabilities. Socrative only takes teachers 3 minutes to set up and takes students 20 seconds to load.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p2uu9ng4k55/
- Robert’s recipe for paperless workflow. Using Dropbox account, PDF iAnnotate app and a JotPro stylus. Presenter: Robert Benson.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p9b0q03spbb/
- Air Server Passwords and Pass codes. Learn how to use Air Server to wireless project your iPad in the classroom. Most importantly, we will be discussing passwords and passcodes so your classroom screen cannot be high jacked by another classroom using Air Server. Hosted by Nikki White.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p7g0ruxtzr1/
- Mediascape. Join us as we share the newest collaborative work space on the Harriman campus. Students, faculty, and staff may BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) to develop ideas and work on projects in this open environment. Presenters: Nichole White and Robert Benson
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p72wrk17s9h/
- Study Group Starter Kit: Encouraging Study Groups. For years we have seen research proving the efficacy of study groups outside the classroom, but the formation of these groups can often be a trial in the community college setting. This webinar will discuss the ways an instructor can both incentivize and embolden students to form effective study groups outside of class. * Very useful in the flipped classroom model.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestatecc.adobeconnect.com/p20co6u5tc6/
- Teaching without the Text. Explore ways Roane State faculty are using online resources from the library and open web to deliver flexible, relevant, engaging courses. Hosted by Mike Hill & Robert Benson
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestatecc.adobeconnect.com/p937s5c03n5/
- Getting smart about SMARTboards. An overview of some of the most helpful- and not widely known- tasks that faculty and staff can do with SMARTboards on campus. Hosted by Darren York & Bruce Botts.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p9nf9igh6bj/
- Low Tech Lessons that Still Engage. Despite our and our students’ reliance on technology, both in and out of the classroom, there is still room for teaching which requires little, if any gadgetry. This webinar will highlight a couple of assignments which can be easily adapted to a variety of disciplines, which engage students, and which address a range of learning outcomes. Hosted by Mike Hill.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p6l6kftimvi/
- Open Educational Resources in Computer Science. Come check out how Dr. Meghabghab uses Open Educational Resources within his courses here at RSCC. George will walk you through one of his programming courses. Hosted by Dr. George Meghabghab.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: http://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/p3q15einmgp/
- Creative Commons. Jane Park from Creative Commons will give a brief overiew of Creative Commons, Creative Commons license use in education, and Creative Common’s integral role in the Open Educational Resources (OER) movement. She will explain the Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY) requirement for TAACCCT program grantees, how the CC BY license works, and free support CC will over to grantees around application of the license to grantee materials. Hosted by Jane Parks.
- To watch the archived recording please visit our link at: https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/nativeplayback.jnlp?sid=2008170&psid=2013-10-17.0955.M.5E7B928FC11E94D844B1405E5A750C.vcr
- To Access slides: http://www.slideshare.net/janeatcc/cc-overview-for-roane-state-27305258
More Teacher Tips will be coming soon, to log into the CTAT Adobe Connect please click on the following link: https://roanestate.adobeconnect.com/ctat_training (Opens in a new window)