Faculty iPad Checkout Information
CTAT provides iPads and other equipment for faculty to use when teaching in the classroom. Once an iPad request is received, the instructor will be put on a wait list and notified immediately when an iPad becomes available. Any iPads not claimed within a reasonable period of time will be given to the next faculty member on the iPad wait list.
Full time instructors may borrow iPads for the term of their employment.
Adjunct instructors may borrow iPads on a per term basis, with a mandatory annual maintenance check each spring. We will notify all adjuncts when the iPads are available for checkout once the maintenance check has been completed.
Receiving Your iPad
- Instructors may not borrow iPads for athletic purposes (i.e. to record athletic events, etc.)
- This is not your personal iPad. We ask that you please refrain from downloading content unrelated to your work. Please do not share this device with friends and family.
- Please create a separate Apple ID account for your RSCC iPad using your Roane State email address. Do not use your personal Apple ID on this device. This device is not your personal property and should be used strictly for academic purposes.
- Periodically backup your content.
- Please make note of your passcode and safely store it away for future reference.
Returning Your iPad
- Please be sure to erase all of your personal data from the device. Please note that you might be asked to enter your Apple ID or other log-in information for any of the accounts you have synced to the device when you attempt to restore it to factory settings. Below are instructions on how to back up your content and erase your personal data from the iPad. If you’d rather have someone from CTAT help you with this step, please contact us so that we can assist you with resetting the iPad.
- How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (opens in new window)
- How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (opens in a new window)
- Clearing your information and Apple ID from your device (opens in new window)
- Please contact CTAT by emailing us at email@example.com or calling (865) 882-4556 to make arrangements to return your iPad personally to either the Harriman or Oak Ridge campuses.
- Faculty members are required to return the iPad and all its accessories (cord, charging block, case, etc.)
- Please notify CTAT immediately if items are damaged, lost, or stolen.
- Please do not send iPads via RSCC courier. Please return your iPad to a CTAT staff member in person.
- When returning your iPad, a CTAT staff member will remove the iPad from its case to assess condition of the device (scratches, cracks, etc.)