1. Open the Word document you wish to make into a PDF.
2. Check to ensure your document is fully Accessible. To do this, choose File, Info. In the middle section of the Info window, choose Check for Issues.
3. In the Check for Issues window, choose Check Accessibility (Figure 1.). You will return to your document and the Accessibility Checker window open to the right of the document.
4. If you have issues within your document, the list will detail what needs to be fixed.
5. After your accessibility check, choose File | Save As. Choose where you will save your new PDF. On the dropdown menu below the document name, choose PDF (Figure 2.).
6. Save your new PDF.
1. Open the PDF document.
2. From the File Menu, select Print.
3. In the Print window, at the bottom left, click the dropdown arrow (Figure 3).
Choose Save as PDF. The Save window will open.
4. Name your PDF and choose Where to save it.
5. Click Save. You have a new PDF!
Download a PDF of this tutorial: PDF CreatingAccessible (opens in a download window).